Lately I’ve been having many dreams involving different forms of government. Sometimes I am an observer, other times I’m in the heat of the debate or an active agent working the field. I’ve had dreams where I am 25 pounds lighter than I am right now, dreams of hiding a period stain on my butt from co-workers, and tiptoeing to safe spots while naked in public.
In today’s dream, a 30-something year-old said, “Silly people, don’t they know? All lobsters come with parachutes.” A small blue parachute laid on top of a wooden desk, and a blonde woman in her 20’s proceeds to lift a live, claw-snapping lobster from underneath the parachute. I was amazed.
“People don’t have to buy lobsters at the grocery store anymore,” I said.
DEMOCRACY FOR THE LOBSTERS!
- Years ago, a woman emailed me about using the pancake song in her recipe book. No idea how that would’ve worked, and I never heard back…https://youtu.be/oUbgDSko6H0Did she have second thoughts about including an amateur song(ish) in her professional cook book? Nah…
- My favorite yoga pose of the month is the pigeon.
I’ve never hurt so good.
- Strawberry roll cakes are delicious. And yes, I devoured the creation below. Each bite was full of strawberries, hand whipped cream, and fluffy cake…
- I have been busy going back and forth between work, research, and classes. Never has lazing and sleeping felt so good.
Bad posture included.
- I got a late Christmas gift from Kayla. She had been folding paper stars from the time we met in 7th grade.
View this post on Instagram
"… There are more stars here than days we have known each other; more days we will miss each other, but even more days to look forward to sharing beautiful memories together…" from my friend I've known for over a decade. 😭 You can grab a handful of stars and they fall in between your fingers like sand. #friendshipgoalsachieved #DAS 💜💛 #starsquad🌟
Her fiancee, Nick, gave me a hand decorated jar filled with chocolates, a mini Vodka, and a lottery card.
- Been helping with a Harry Potter trivia fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. The main organizer, Jill, is so dedicated to the event… she has poured more heart and out-of-pocket expenses than I think necessary. Looking forward to how the event will turn out later this month. Sneak preview: